[description of blog is meant to go here. sorry we have nothing witty or creative to put here]

Wednesday, May 04, 2005

This shit is BANANAS

Do you know what shit is bananas?? The fact that 8 year old children are singing (and quite enjoying) the lyrics to the admittedly catchy Holla back Girl by Gwen Stefani.

Some of the lyrics to Holla Back Girl (repeated many times to catchy cheerleading music)

  • Uh huh, this is my shit
  • Ooooh ooh, this my shit, this my shit
  • I heard that you were talking shit
  • Let me hear you say this shit is bananas

Why is it that songs that are clearly going to have wide airplay must have unnnecessary swearing in them? Primary school age children account for a relatively large proportion of the audience of shows such as Video Hits and various music channels. This means they are constantly exposed to music that has language, images and ideals that are not appropriate for their age.

Pft!

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

mmm, how high is your soapbox Suzie!!!

A very definate rant, however a highly justified one. Let's just take poor old Gwen and ship here far far away so we don't have to hear her sh!t at all.

Saturday, May 07, 2005 9:30:00 AM

 
Blogger Mel said...

Geez... if you didn't like that, I hope you don't hear the latest Wiggles song. I think it goes something like "Captain Feathersword Blows My Banana in the Back of the Big Red Car".

Man, I'm with you guys. The word "Banana" should absolutely be banned. Disgusting.

Saturday, May 07, 2005 6:27:00 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home