[description of blog is meant to go here. sorry we have nothing witty or creative to put here]

Friday, August 26, 2005

The essence of attraction.

We figure that the mental block has now been broken. We have started walking again, seeing as it is getting a little warmer, and we have both made the startling realisation that we have become a little fatter, and have found out that it really does stimulate your brain. (You see, most of our theories have been established after we have done a walk).

So on this particular occasion - sadly, it is a Friday night - we got thinking about the types of guys we are attracted to, and how everyone seems to have a "type" that they go for. Now we know that the pub is not the best place to pick-up somebody, but would be the best example we could give of major picking-up in action. In our promiscuous society we have learned that there is a lot of competition out there, and to find somebody you are actually attracted to and incidently like, and to also have these feelings reciprocated, is extremely difficult. It can be devastating to anyone to be rejected by somebody for someone else who is "bubblegum" hot (something we could best describe as short skirt, high heels that can't be walked in, could be mistaken for gaol bait).


Back to the "type" issue, we find it funny how we have different attractions to different traits and attributes. For example, our friend who we shall name for privacy purposes as "Hansel", typically goes for girls who are skinny and blonde. Our other friend, "Gretel", goes for guys who have green eyes, dark hair, and are classified as "nice". It is quite amazing the way our minds and bodies work, for the fact we have this attraction to a certain type of person. (Can't quite remember what they said about the comparison to moths and humans and scents... any ideas?)

On a lighter and completely random note, we also wonder how different our nights out would be if we were actually honest to the people we speak to. Observe the following:

1. "Would you mind if I kissed you?" - Well seeing as I have been talking to you all night, and have probably lost any chance that I have of picking up your hot friend in the yellow shirt, why not?

2. "Hi, can I buy you a drink?" - Of course you can. You can also buy my friend one, and I just wanted to let you know that you have absolutely no chance of going home with me later.

3. "Can you tell me who your friend is over there?" - Well I don't wish to answer that question, because obviously I'm not good enough for you, and you don't seem to have the balls to go talk to her [him] yourself.


4. "You are the most beautiful person in here." - Of course you are going to say that because you are desperate to get laid. I appreciate your honesty though.

5. "Do you come here often?" - Actually yes I do, although I'm considering changing venues seeing as I keep on attracting people such as yourself.

6. "So, what's your sign?" - Aquarius. Now fuck off weirdo.

Alternatively, if you actually like the person, you could answer all of the above with:
"I think that you and I should go back to my place immediately so we can shag all night long."

10 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Have you ever noticed that some poeple actually go for people they look like or have similar physical features to? I've seen and know of so many couples that could pass as brother and sister - very strange!

Friday, August 26, 2005 11:44:00 PM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

so true. you spend a relatively large amount of time looking at yourself in the mirror and i suppose people that look similar to you would evoke feelings of familarity and comfort...or some narcissistic obsession....

Friday, August 26, 2005 11:51:00 PM

 
Blogger Jenn said...

Evoke???
Narcissistic???

Suzie I command you to go and consume an alcoholic bevarge this very second.

Monday, August 29, 2005 1:05:00 AM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ok well after having a read of this blog I think its a very negative approach to being out and tuning!
I dont think either of u 2 would say any of that nasty talk to anyone - most of us would just turn out backs politely to a freak after answering their questions with "Yes" or "No" short and sweet answers! No need to be nasty n destroy ppls self esteme and if u were to speak to anyone with such answers I'd slap the pair of yas!
Lets not forget the other friday nite at The Shed when that weiredo from QLD was talking to Mop (& me n Suz were giggling quietly to each other) - thats was the nice way to not get involved with a phyco

Monday, August 29, 2005 8:04:00 AM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Just like a sad country and western experience, you know the old song titles!

- If I said you had a beautiful body would you hold it against me.
etc

The pick up routine, you know it, subtle glances across the room, a lingering look, a smile, a little giggle, a touch of the hair.

All old standards that work for some, or the there's always Rodney Rudes famous line "Do you f%^k on first dates? Does your dad own a brewery? Can I feel your tits or will you show'em to me" Never tried it but hey, one day it might be worth a laugh!!

Never mind the scientific attraction either Bill Cosby always says to go for the ugly one. He reckons they're so glad of the attention they'll say yes to anything!

Then again I'm just a sick sad old man!

Monday, August 29, 2005 10:28:00 PM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Mr Grabman: U have been sadly mistaken - that famous song 'do u f$@K on 1st dates, does ur dad own a brewry, can I feel ur t..ts or will u show them to is" is actually sung by Kevin Bloody Wilson the west aussie! Rodney Rude could never come up with such brilliant lyrics!

Tuesday, August 30, 2005 8:19:00 AM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Shendelle, I stand corrected, of course it was, that was the result of too many homebrews!

And Mr Grabman, I am honoured!!!

Humbly yours.

Grabman

Tuesday, August 30, 2005 1:33:00 PM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Note:

we also wonder how different our nights out would be if we were actually honest to the people we speak to

i dont think either of us would ever be so ruthlessly cruel ;o)

Although when that strange girl tried to sniff my hair and I freaked out and scremed in her face that was a totally honest reaction eheh

Tuesday, August 30, 2005 2:48:00 PM

 
Blogger Jenn said...

When we were in Ibiza at Space, this guy just randomly walked past and bit (yes with his teeth) her shoulder,
needless to say we were quite freaked out by such...uh... tactics

Wednesday, August 31, 2005 1:15:00 AM

 
Blogger Jenn said...

my friend's shoulder that was sposed to read... doh

Wednesday, August 31, 2005 1:15:00 AM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home