[description of blog is meant to go here. sorry we have nothing witty or creative to put here]

Saturday, June 11, 2005

Silly Saying #1

"[insert event / person here] bores the pants off of me..."

This saying does not make sense. If something orsomeone is boring, why would you take your pants off? Is the idea that removal of pants may make the moment less boring? Or is this a way of saying you are so bored that you are getting ready to go to bed and removing your pants in preparation? Perhaps this saying originated from the likelihood that a bored partner may get naked to stop their boring companion from continuing the boring behaviour? Maybe there was once an incredibly powerful boring spececiman that could remove pants just through the sheer boredom projected? Is it saying that people only remove their pants when they are bored? Does anyone really know how this saying came about?

This is a somewhat boring post. Are your pants still on?

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

perhaps it originally referred to "bores" as in tunnels, or digs.

Nothing sexier than a little excavation on a weeknight.

Sunday, June 12, 2005 3:55:00 PM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

mmmm I might have to get my pants off!!!

Am I bored or do I have other intentions!

Maybe the act of taking ones pants off is supposed to lighten the moment as suggested.

Who really has any idea, not me, no ideas here, none, zip, naf all.

That said it's beer time, again!!!!!!!

Sunday, June 12, 2005 4:58:00 PM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

U no my thoughts of pants Suz - I HATE THEM! n i dont have to be bored to get em off - u n me can just be sitting around in a hotel in lanno and i wont have my pants on heheh
And for those in or travelling to Broome - after walking home from a pub late at nite - u must never wear pants - its a rule started by me n amy some months ago!

Friday, June 17, 2005 9:55:00 AM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home