[description of blog is meant to go here. sorry we have nothing witty or creative to put here]

Tuesday, June 14, 2005

Suzie's* theory on ... Plurals

The English language was surely invented purely for the purpose of confusing people and making English a difficult area to teach. There are numerous flaws with the English language. One that is quite non-sensical is the existance of 's' to signify plural form. For example:

1 dog
2 dog
50 dog
3457 dog
many dog
lot of dog

Do we really need the s?

Perhaps the Chinese are onto something...


*Mop refused to put her name to this theory. I personally think this is a much more pertinent issue than romance blah blah blah....

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Do you really blame me for not wanting to put my name on this theory? Guess you can tell who the teacher is "Miss Suzie"... I personally have better things to think about other than the bad structure of the English language, like debating whether or not I am going to go out on Saturday night... I think you just get really bored when I am not home sometimes Suz!

Thursday, June 16, 2005 3:19:00 PM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

maybe we should follow the aboriginal example:
one dog
some dog
big mob of dog

and just forget the numbers as well, after all maths is a pain to teach as well!

Friday, June 17, 2005 9:46:00 AM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home